Monday, July 1, 2013

Primer, powder and finishing spray.... Oh my!!!

I don't know about all of you but I feel a little crazy when new cosmetic trends are coming out. First it was primer and I wasn't very happy but I love it now. Then we got finishing spray. Again confused about what it was meant for but after working all day and going to the gym afterwards and my makeup still looking fabulous enough to grab a bite to eat, I was good with it. Now we have translucent powder. First I was again confused, we have mineral foundations that work right? But now you don't have to match the color, you just use translucent. So I wanted to de-mystify all these cosmetic tools for you. Just an FYI all this info comes from our Mary Kay website and my own personal experience. :)

First, we have foundation primer!

"fill in imperfections and dries quickly to a matte finish to create the perfect canvas for a flawless foundation application that enhances foundation benefits and extends wear."
You honestly can feel a difference putting your foundation on with it and without it. It just goes on so smooth when I have primer on. I am someone with oily skin and I love that I don't feel like I am sweating my foundation off, especially in this lovely Southern Cali heat we are getting right now. If you can only pick one of these 3 products to use, it would be this one for me!

Second, we have translucent powder!

"Feels weightless, natural and velvety soft on skin. Controls unwanted shine all day. Provides a sheer, invisible finish on every skin tone to set foundation. All-new formula contains light-scattering properties designed to help soften the appearance of imperfections for a skin-perfecting finish."
When I put this on after my foundation every morning it feels like nothing. And for someone with oily skin again I don't have to touch up my makeup all throughout the day. The one thing I like best bout this over a colors finishing powder is that if I have a break out, sometimes the color powder will like attract it more so I will get a dark spot sometimes. With this it's all translucent so even if that spot attracts it I don't have a problem. :)

Last but not least we have our brand new Finishing Spray!

"When makeup meltdown is not an option, give it the staying power to last up to 16 hours. As a final step, helps makeup look freshly applied for hours. Also works as a refresher any time of the day. Dries quickly and washes off easily. For any skin type, even oily."
Now this one was a real mystery for me. My makeup was already staying on great! The real test for this one was my Zumba class. Sometimes I take Zumba in the evening but then of course someone will want to do something after. Well no worries here. When I know I am going to Zumba that evening, in the morning I will wear my finishing spray. After Zumba I am still good to go out! Here is even a picture after Zumba one evening and then I went out to dinner with my family. If you have many activities to do and you fear makeup meltdown, don't worry! Finishing spray will do the trick!

Hopefully that has help a few of you with the confusion that is primer, translucent powder and finishing spray! Have a fabulous day divas!
Mary Kay
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment